Sunday, September 28, 2008

We took DW3 back 'home'


(Scot, me, Jeff (my brother) and Grayson-
standing in front of Leander Guy Woollards marker-
he was a Civil War hero)

So this past weekend, my brother, 2 uncles and I went on a little road trip down south.
We took my fathers ashes down to the family plot in Bethesda Cemetery in Senatobia MS.
Before he passed away, he had asked that his ashes be spread out there.
My father never lived in Senatobia, but was born and raised in nearby Memphis, but
he visited his grandparents there often when he was a child.
He always loved Senatobia and the family roots we had there.
He was always all about family. So we took him 'home.'
His remains are now a part of the earth that holds many other Woollards
in a place where he used to run and play.

I miss you Dad.
RIP DW3

No comments:

Post a Comment